UPDATES – COVID-19 and MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER
We wish to share with members the essence of the Prime Minister’s announcement today, MIA’s recent statements as well as FAQs and resources from the other relevant authorities on COVID-19 and the Movement Control Order for members’ information and update.
PRIME MINISTER’S ANNOUNCMENT TODAY
Following the Economic Action Council meeting held today, the Prime Minister announced the following measures to lessen the burden of the rakyat and improve the wellbeing of frontliners and the people:
- Malaysians below the age of 55 will be allowed to withdraw RM500 per month from their Employees Provident Fund (EPF) accounts for 12 months to support purchases of food, utility payments and other necessities.
- Government to provide RM500 million to the Ministry of Health (MOH) to support procurement of ventilators, PPE, lab facilities and other critical essentials. Government to provide RM100 million to MOH to hire an additional 2,000 contracted workers, mainly nurses.
- RM130 million to be provided to state governments to help small business owners, victims and families and also civil servants involved in assisting with the crisis of COVID-19.
- Deferral of monthly payments for PTPTN education loans for 3-6 months up to 21 September 2020.
- The National Security Council will continue to monitor the situation, and it will decide in due course if there is a need to extend the MCO further beyond 31 March 2020.
For further details on the press statement, click here
STATEMENTS ISSUED BY MIA RECENTLY
- STATEMENT ON COVID-19 MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER
- UPDATES ON FINANCE – ESSENTIAL SERVICES CLASSIFICATION FOR MIA MEMBER FIRMS UNDER THE COVID-19 MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER3.MIA CONFIRMS ONE STAFF TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs) & RESOURCES FROM OTHER AUTHORITIES
- MAJLIS KESELAMATAN NEGARA
- RESTRICTION OF MOVEMENT ORDER
- LEMBAGA HASIL DALAM NEGERI
- BANK NEGARA MALAYSIA
- SURUHANJAYA SYARIKAT MALAYSIA
- SECURITIES COMMISSION
- BURSA MALAYSIA
- KEMENTERIAN KESIHATAN MALAYSIA
- KEMENTERIAN SUMBER MANUSIA
- PERKESO FAQs on Employment Retention Program
- KEMENTERIAN PENDIDIKAN MALAYSIA (KPM)
- KEMENTERIAN PENGAJIAN TINGGI
- KUMPULAN WANG SIMPANAN PEKERJA
- MENTERI PERUSAHAAN PERLADANGAN DAN KOMODITI
- KEMENTERIAN WILAYAH PERSEKUTUAN
- KEMENTERIAN PENGANGKUTAN MALAYSIA
- KEMENTERIAN PERUMAHAN DAN KERAJAAN TEMPATAN
- KEMENTERIAN PERDAGANGAN ANTARABANGSA DAN INDUSTRI
- KEMENTERIAN PERTANIAN DAN INDUSTRI MAKANAN
- KEMENTERIAN SAINS, TEKNOLOGI DAN INOVASI
- MALAYSIA AIRPORTS
- JABATAN PENDAFTARAN NEGARA
- SEKTOR PERUNCITAN
- PERINTAH KAWALAN PERGERAKAN: PERKHIDMATAN PERLU DAN BUKAN KEPERLUAN UTAMA
- KEMENTERIAN PERPADUAN NEGARA
- KEMENTERIAN PERDAGANGAN DALAM NEGERI DAN HAL EHWAL PENGGUNA
- MyXpat EXPATRIATE SERVICES DIVISION
- IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT MALAYSIA – EXEMPTION OF SPECIAL PASS FOR FOREIGNERS IN MALAYSIA
- IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT MALAYSIA – IMPLEMENTATION PROCEDURE FOR LAND & SEA CHECKPOINTS
The Institute will continue to closely monitor the situation, maintain close communication with regulators and notify members of any future developments.
DR. NURMAZILAH DATO’ MAHZAN
Chief Executive Officer