I. Section 15A(2) of the Accountants Act 1967
- Possess a qualification relating to accounting, business or finance recognised by the Public Services Department (PSD) of the Government; or
- Other qualifications approved by the Council. (At present, no qualifications have been approved by the Council).
II. MIA Qualifying Examination Rules 2002
- Qualification referred to in (I.A) must be not lower than a first degree in relation to accounting, business or finance; and
- The accounting content in the qualification referred to the above shall form not less than sixty per cent (60%) of the total qualification.
REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIED BY THE EXAMINATION COMMITTEE:
- Take into consideration any qualification obtained after a degree i.e MBA, Msc (Accountancy) or equivalent.
- If an applicant is granted an exemption in respect of any subjects for completion of his/her qualification, the applicant must submit proof of the basis for such an exemption being granted. (e.g. an applicant obtained a diploma from HELP Intitute Malaysia, continued her study and was given exemption for few papers done during her diploma and later obtained a degree in accounting from University of London. Therefore she must submit her diploma transcript to prove that she had actually passed the papers for which she obtained exemptions).
II. Sixty per cent (60%) accounting content
- Assessment made based on total subjects or course units or by total subject credit hours, passed by the applicant (clear pass).
- List of subjects to be considered as accounting related subjects:-
Major Subjects (according to Halatuju Report):-
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Public Sector Accounting
- Accounting Information System
Core Subjects (inclusive of accounting electives subjectsfrom recognised IPTA):-
- Financial Management
- Investment Analysis
- Portfolio Theory
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Market
- Options & Futures
- International Accounting
- Risk Management
- International Financial Management
- Specialised Accounting
- Current Issues in Accounting
- Financial Derivatives
- Business and Company Law
- Any other subjects which will be determined by the Examination Committee.
Last updated on 04/11/2003 11:21:28 AM
?998 Malaysian Institute of Accountants. All rights reserved.