MIA QE REFRESHER COURSE
30 November 2019 (Saturday)
9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Training Room, MIA Kuala Lumpur
The MIA QE Refresher Course is designed to help candidates to be better prepared in respect of the examinable topics and relevant areas. It will provide a brief overview of the various topics covered in the syllabus and the requirements and recommendations for preparing for workshops and exams. It will give an insight into the typical exam questions and answers and techniques to attempt them.
Initially to highlight and point out the important issues of topics covered in the syllabus. Where candidates are in doubt, they are provided the opportunity to ask and clarify the issues concerned. It will provide a brief overview of the following:
- Explain how the Malaysian Tax System operates;
- Determine the principles of taxation;
- Prepare the tax computation for individuals, companies, & other organisations;
- Explain the major tax incentives available in Malaysia;
- Explain the tax implications of cross border activities and withholding tax issues;
- Explain tax planning opportunities for individuals and companies; and
- Explain tax implications of sales and services tax (SST).
Fee and Registration
- Fee is payable to MALAYSIAN INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTANTS
- Full payment shall be made at the point of registration
- Admittance will only be permitted upon receipt of full payment
- Registration is open until 25 November 2019
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Candidates are considered successfully enrolled for the course upon registration. Should candidates decide to cancel their enrolment; a cancellation fee will be levied.
- Written cancellation is received within 5 working days before the closing date of acceptance of entries:
- A refund (less administrative charge of 10%) will be made.
- Unpaid registrations will also be liable for 10% administrative charges
- Written cancellation/no show on the day of the programme:
- No refund will be entertained.
- Unpaid registrations will also be liable for full payment of registration fee.
Mr. K.P. Balakrishnan (Ravi Balakrishnan)
Ravi Balakrishnan is a Chartered Accountant (CA) of The Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), a Fellow Member of The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA) UK, and an associate member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (ATII)). He worked with a leading accounting firm specialising in taxation services and later in the commercial sector with diversified global businesses.
He has been teaching for many years and prepares students for professional examinations. He also conducts workshops and seminars on taxation.
Description: MIA QE Refresher Course: Taxation Registration Form