MIA QE REFRESHER COURSE
ADVANCED FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING & REPORTING
23 & 24 November 2019 (Saturday & Sunday)
9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Training Room, MIA Kuala Lumpur
The MIA QE Refresher Course is designed to assist candidates in refreshing their knowledge and understanding on the common challenging issues on financial accounting and reporting. It is envisaged that the candidates will be equipped with the foundation knowledge required to better prepare for the MIA QE AFAR Workshops.
The candidates will be guided on how to apply specific knowledge on related accounting standards and subsequently apply their understanding on the subject matter. Candidates will be given the opportunity to answer questions and the facilitator will highlight common errors made by the candidates. The refresher course focuses on the following two major areas from the syllabus:
- Preparing financial statements in compliance with generally accepted principles and regulations
- Preparation and reporting of Group financial statements
Fee and Registration
- Fee is payable to MALAYSIAN INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTANTS
- Full payment shall be made at the point of registration
- Admittance will only be permitted upon receipt of full payment
- Registration is open until 18 November 2019
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Candidates are considered successfully enrolled for the course upon registration. Should candidates decide to cancel their enrolment; a cancellation fee will be levied.
- Written cancellation is received within 5 working days before the closing date of acceptance of entries:
- A refund (less administrative charge of 10%) will be made.
- Unpaid registrations will also be liable for 10% administrative charges
- Written cancellation/no show on the day of the programme:
- No refund will be entertained.
- Unpaid registrations will also be liable for full payment of registration fee.
Lawrence Chew Seng Chen
Lawrence started his career with a local commercial bank. Later, he went to UK to pursue his accountancy studies through an apprenticeship programme with a chartered accountants firm in London where he gained experience in financial accounting, auditing and taxation.
He spent about 10 years in London and later returned to Malaysia to resume his career in accountancy and finance. Upon his retirement, Lawrence pursued his passion in education. He conducts continuing professional development (CPD) seminars/workshops to finance professionals and PLC directors. He is also engaged by the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) as facilitator/lecturer for MIA Qualifying Examination (QE). He lectures on ‘Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting’ and ‘Auditing and Assurance Services’. He holds the following professional qualifications:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) – Fellow
- Chartered Institute of Bankers (Lon.)
- Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (Lon.)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (Lon.)
Description: MIA QE Refresher Course: Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting Registration Form