All applicants must complete a mandatory write-up in a Word and/or PDF document, which addresses all the questions below. Applicants are allowed to include visual illustrations in the write up if required. The write-up should have a maximum of 3,000 words. Applicants are required to demonstrate clearly on how each question is addressed to provide clarity to the adjudicators.
- Describe the digital technology adopted and its specifications.
- How did you implement the technology adopted?
- Why did you adopt digital technology and how did it align to the overall strategy of your finance function or practice?
- How is the technology implementation funded and how much cost is incurred inrespect of the implementation (as a percentage of annual budget)?
- What are the challenges that you faced during the adoption and how did you overcome it?
- What are the policies and procedures established in respect of the technology implementation and its subsequent use and maintenance?
- What are key lessons learnt from the technology adoption journey?
Revenue and Cost
- How did the technology adoption impact your revenue?
- How did the technology adoption impact your cost?
Experience and Impact
- How did the technology adoption give impact towards satisfaction of customers, clients and/or stakeholders?*
*For instance, by adopting technology, the company has increased customer satisfaction which is measurable.
- How did the technology adoption give impact towards productivity?
- How did the technology adoption give impact towards staff mobility?*
*Staff mobility is staff ability to work remotely.
- How did the technology adoption give impact towards staff morale?*
*Staff morale is staff happiness with the working environment.
Other Value Creation
- How did the technology adoption give impact towards sustainability of the organisation?
- How did the technology adoption give impact towards the branding of the organisation?
- What is the Return of Investment (ROI)? (i.e. payback period of the technology adopted by the organisation)
- How innovative was the technology adoption to the organisation?