Accounting Awareness Task Force (AATF) was formed on the 18 March 2014 with the approval granted by the Executive Committee of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
The Task Force main focus is to achieve the objectives of promoting Accountancy and creating awareness to the public at large.
- to create a platform for accounting students/young accountants;
- to establish a better relationship between the Institute and institutions of higher learning/accounting firms/organisations;
- to educate the public about the Institute and the importance of becoming a member of the Institute;
- to make the Institute as a ‘One Stop Centre’ for Accountancy, to provide advice and support, to brand the Institute as a Leader for the Accountancy Profession in Malaysia;
- to work with the professional bodies to encourage their members to register with the Institute when they become eligible for full membership;
- to educate and create interest amongst school leavers to consider accountancy as the main career choice;
- to create sufficient interest in the profession to ensure accounting graduates continue to choose accountancy as a profession; and
- to establish and maintain a link between accounting graduates and the Institute to ensure eventual registration as members of the Institute.