- The Islamic Finance Committee’s main objective is to promote Islamic Finance through various initiatives such as collaborations with relevant stakeholders and regional accountancy bodies.
- It aims to promote the adoption of IFRS and the international convergence of standards.
- The Committee also aims to support the government’s commitment to promote Islamic Finance to become a significant part of our economy and provide a competitive edge for the country.
- To be the single driver within MIA of the whole Islamic Finance (IF) agenda.
- To showcase our IF expertise and promote Malaysian accountants’ marketability locally and internationally.
- To promote adherence to IFRS and furtherance of the international convergence of standards by working closely with MASB.
- To develop the knowledge base on application of IFRS on IF.
- To encourage research on IF through collaborations and share findings with stakeholders.
Mohd Muazzam Mohamed
Group Chief Executive Officer
Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad
Prof. Dato’ Dr Mohd Azmi Omar
President & Chief Executive Officer
International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)
Mohamad Faisal Abdul Malik
Faisal Malik & Co (FMC Group)
Mohd Khaidzir Shahari
Head of Risk Consulting
Dato’ Haji Mohd Redza Shah Abdul Wahid
Association of Seniors in Islamic Finance (ARIF)
Muhammad Syarizal bin Abdul Rahim
Partner, Islamic Financial Services, Assurance
Ernst & Young PLT
Tuan Haji Nasran Omar
Head, Accounting Division
Ministry of Education
Prof. Dato’ Dr Norman Mohd Saleh
Pro-Vice Chancellor, Strategic & Corporate Development
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
Sharifatul Hanizah Said Ali
Executive Director, Islamic Capital Market Development
Securities Commission Malaysia (SC)