The Chartered Accountant Malaysia or “C.A.(M)” is
a designation conferred by the Malaysian Institute of
Accountants (MIA) to a professional in accountancy,
business and finance with a recognised accountancy
qualification and relevant work experience. C.A.(M)
are the industry captains, corporate leaders and
decision makers that play significant roles in
MIA was established under the Accountants Act
1967 as the statutory accountancy body that
regulates, develops, supports and enhances the
integrity and status of the profession while upholding
the public interest.
Working closely alongside strategic business
partners and stakeholders, MIA connects its
members to a wide range of continuous professional
development programmes, updates and networking
opportunities. Presently, there are
members making their strides across all industries in Malaysia and around the world.
To be a globally recognised and renowned Institute of accountants committed to nation building.
To develop, support and monitor quality and expertise consistent with global best practices of the accountancy profession for the interest of stakeholders.
MIA’s Strategic Objectives
- Develop and enhance the competency of Accountancy Professionals to meet market demand.
- Advance and enhance the status (professionalism, competency, ethics) of members and the accountancy profession in Malaysia.
- Support & regulate (furthering, drive, lead, ensure) the practice of the accountancy profession in Malaysia consistent with global standards and best practices.
- Promote the accountancy profession as a profession of choice.
- Well governed organisation with good Talent Management, Operational and Financial sustainability.
Our Management Core Values
- Mutual Trust and Respect
Section 6 of the Accountants Act 1967 (the Act)
states that the functions of the Institute shall be:
- To determine the qualifications of persons for
admission as members;
- To provide for the training and education
by the Institute or any other body, of persons
practising or intending to practice the profession
- To approve the MIA Qualifying Examination(QE)
and to regulate and supervise the conduct of
- To regulate the practice of the profession of
accountancy in Malaysia;
- To promote, in any manner it thinks fit,
the interest of the profession of accountancy
- To render pecuniary or other assistance to
members or their dependents as it thinks fit with
a view to protecting or promoting the welfare of
- Generally to do such acts as it thinks fit for the
purpose of achieving any of the aforesaid objectives.